One glorious weekend SIL came with a pot of food, I cooked some stuff and we all ate until our stomachs were ready to pop. I wanted to get a photo of the scrumptious table spread but didn’t get around to it. Anyway, here’s the salad :
The recipe is from taste.com.au
I left it as a vegetarian (it’s supposed to be a chicken and pumpkin salad) and didn’t add any walnuts.
The (adjusted recipe):
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ( I didn’t have olive oil so just used sunflower)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 100g spinach and rocket salad mix (I got these already mixed and prewashed – a bit exxy but definitely worth it)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin, syrup and oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Place pumpkin, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Mustard dressing: Place oil, vinegar, syrup and mustard in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Place pumpkin, salad mix, onion and dressing in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve.