Who would have thought?
As a 1930s wife, I am
Please note incorrect spelling. “wierd” is the only word I PURPOSELY spell wrong. Initially I spelt is this way because I didn’t know any better. Now I spell it wrong in defiance of English convention. One day, EVERYONE will be spelling it MY way and then I won’t be wrong anymore. It might be long after I am dead – I like the thought of giving back to the community even after death.
7 wierd things about me – ok. Well I wonder if the above counts as something wierd so let us just see how I go:
1. I have an intense hatred of body odour. After a shower, I apply the dry stick deodorant, then a roll-on followed last by a spray deodorant. It must not only be a deodorant but an antiperspirant, too. I think that means that there is plenty of aluminium coursing through my blood. At least if I am busy forgetting because of Alzheimer’s I will smell nice. Unless of course I forget to put it on…..
2. I am very fussy when it comes to food with certain textures. I like the taste of a nicely cooked prawn (doused in chilli mind you to eliminate any trace of the seafood taste) but I cannot stomach the texture. Even if it’s not rubbery, it has this certain quality which leaves me gagging everytime I am game enough to give it another try.
3. If there is too much housework to do then I don’t even start which of course means the next day there is tons more to do.
4. My tea has to be scorching hot or I will not drink it. And no matter how small my cup, I must must leave a little tea for “Mr Manners.” (much to the annoyance of the “never waste anything” husband.)
5. I prefer to scrub the floor on my hands and knees with a sponge than use the mop. I will do one tile at a time. It does take up oodles of time which is why these days I resort to using the mop and bucket. I do wish for a day when I have so much time on my hands that I can successfully complete cleaning my floors with my own hands.
6. The right side of my body doesn’t like the left side of my body very much. They don’t fight with each other but there are times when if I left them to their own devices, there would be many a harsh word exchanged and tears shed. The right side is stronger and meaner.
7. I am allergic to certain cats but not others. Some cats leave me with huge eczema type lesions on my face while others just make me sneeze and my eyes itch. Others will make my asthma flare up. Then there are those precious ones who don’t leave any allergic imprint on me at all. God bless those cats.
8. I refuse to watch any movie starring Tom Cruise. This has naught to to with his stance on Post Natal Depression or his embarrassing interview with Oprah (which I admit I haven’t even witnessed.)
I just don’t like him.
I’m supposed to tag seven people but at this very moment I need to tend to my whinging 4 year old who is insisting he has a piece chewing gum but there are none in the house. I offered to buy him one on the way to the gym this morning but apparently he doesn’t wish me to BUY it for him. I am guessing he wants me to pull it out of my you know what. I don’t think I can do it and even if I could, would he even eat it? So ungrateful! My 2 year old is taking full advantage of my inattention and is taking something FORBIDDEN out of the fridge. (“What is your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?”)
So if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged.